Revision Date: April 26, 2019
NEAIR does not collect any Personal Data from general website visitors (neair.org ). However, when users create accounts, log into their accounts, or request information from the Association, Personal Data may be requested and used as set forth in this policy.
BASIS FOR PROCESSING
When NEAIR collects Personal Data, it is with your consent as outlined below or with our legitimate interest to provide member services to you.
NEAIR may process Personal Data to service the user’s membership, to fulfill any requests made of it by the user, and otherwise consistent with this policy under the lawful basis of legitimate interest. In certain instances, consent may be required for NEAIR to collect and to share Personal Data and a notice must be explicitly provided to and accepted by users.
CATEGORIES of PERSONAL DATA
- The following information (“Personal Data”) is required to set up a NEAIR user account.
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- City, state, zip
- Username and password
The following additional personal data may be required of users in online and offline transactions, surveys, information requests, and/or the purchase of products and services.
- Nickname/preferred name/Informal Name
- Phone number(s)
- Employment Information
- Current and past job title(s)
- Current and past employer(s)
- Years/duration of employment
- Professional and scholarly experience(s)
- Education Levels/Degrees Attained
- NEAIR username and password
- Records of transactions with NEAIR
- NEAIR volunteer activities
- Conference presentation information (proposals and past activity)
- Conference session attendance, selection, and feedback
- NEAIR maintains speakers’/presenters’ biographical information used in relevant event online programs and stores event evaluation results
- Dietary preferences and questions related to event planning purposes
We may receive your Personal Data when
- You sign-up as a member by using our website
- You register for events (e.g annual conference, workshop)
- You provide information to us through other means which is entered into the system
Users who wish to amend or remove Personal Data stored by NEAIR should:
- Visit neair.org, sign in, and modify information in “My Profile”; or
- Contact NEAIR by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (302)559-5638.
Typically, NEAIR uses the Personal Data collected to:
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Communicate transactional information, such as receipts for products/services or event registration information;
- Process Association membership, or relay information about membership;
- Record engagement with the association including professional development and volunteer activities;
- Perform data analysis on association membership and report results in aggregated form. (The use of information for this purpose is governed by the Confidentiality of Data Use Agreement);
- Provide user access to electronic mailing lists or newsletters; and/or
- Contact users about the products/services for which they have expressed interest.
NEAIR shares information about participants in the annual conference in the following ways:
- Names and contact information are provided to NEAIR sponsors for that conference only.
- Names, institutions/affiliations, and contact information is made available in the NEAIR event app, unless users opt out.
- Names, institutions/affiliations, and contact information is made available in the NEAIR member directory.
NEAIR retains the services of third parties to support its business practices and services provided to users.
NEAIR contracts with MemberLeap as our membership association software provider of the following services: website hosting, membership community, event registration, and submissions for proposal, grant awards, and volunteer sign up.
NEAIR uses QuickBooks as our accounting software for processing, accounting, and reporting of the association’s financial transactions.
NEAIR uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses persistent cookies to analyze how users interact with a website. The information generated by the cookie about use of the website (including users’ IP addresses) is transmitted to and stored by Google. Google uses this information to compile reports on website activity for website operators and provides other services relating to website activity and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties when required to do so by law, or when third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate users’ IP addresses with any other data held by Google.
Unsubscribing from general email messages. Users may unsubscribe from NEAIR mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message.
Annual Conference App: Whova
Unsubscribing from the Conference App. Users who have questions about removing their information from the conference app may contact the Conference team at email@example.com.
Other Third-Party Providers
From time to time, NEAIR may share personal data with other third parties necessary for the operation of the organization. A list of these parties is maintained by the Technology Committee and is available upon request.
NEAIR reserves the right to disclose users’ Personal Data as required by law and when it is determined that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Association, its users, customers, or others; or to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes served on or otherwise required of the Association.
- Session cookies are used to enhance and make more efficient the user's experience during a site visit. Once the user closes the browser, the cookie terminates.
- Persistent cookies store small text files on the user's hard drive for extended periods of time and “remember” visit activities to help make subsequent visits more efficient. Users may remove persistent cookies by following internet browser help instructions.
NEAIR periodically offers users the opportunity to participate in surveys. The purpose of each survey is clearly defined, and participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. When NEAIR uses third-party services to conduct surveys, those services are prohibited from employing NEAIR users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. NEAIR never shares users’ personally identifiable information with third parties without consent.
NEAIR takes the security of users’ Personal Data seriously and is committed to ensuring that its information technology (IT) systems, infrastructure, and applications are secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, NEAIR cannot guarantee the security of users’ information -NEAIR does not assume any liability for third-party use of general or Personal Data, whether obtained legally or illegally from or through its website.
COMPROMISE OF INFORMATION
In the event that any Personal Data under NEAIR’s control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, NEAIR will take reasonable steps to investigate and resolve the situation in a timely manner, and where appropriate, notify individuals whose information may have been at risk. In all such situations, NEAIR will take any and all necessary steps in accordance with applicable laws.
If you have a complaint, dispute, or questions regarding this Policy or our treatment of your Personal Data, please contact us at:
Please allow up to 30 days for us to reply.