Business Intelligence Analyst
- Job Name
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Analytical Services & Institutional Research Office seeks a technical-minded and detailed oriented person to join our staff. This individual will be responsible for analyzing and documenting information needs and use cases, recommending reporting solutions, developing data models, and producing dashboards and reports to support effective data distribution and strategic decision making at the University. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work collaboratively with clients, technical staff, and senior administration to continuously develop and improve the University's reporting resources.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Boston, MA 02215, United states
- How to Apply
- Visit the BU HR website to apply, all open IR positions are currently posted under the SIS (Student Information System) Renewal Program:
BU HR posting website URL: https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?version=1
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Bachelors’ Degree in statistics, quantitative social science, computer science or related field, and three to five years of experience working in a research or analytical environment, preferably in Higher Education.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a well-rounded portfolio of analytical, technical and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including experience with translating complex problems into successful report or visual solutions.
- Strong understanding of database concepts. Experience with data warehouses and transactional databases.
- Experience in the field of institutional research or other higher education areas strongly preferred.
- Experience with a programming, statistical computing, or database management language (e.g., SQL, R, Python, VBA, SPSS, SAS, C++, Java).
- Experience with applied statistical techniques including regression analysis, significance testing, and descriptive statistics preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a report developer in tools (e.g, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau).
- Comfortable working autonomously or collaboratively, while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate and facilitate the communication between technical and business staff. Must be flexible and responsive to stakeholders across campus.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to create and maintain documentation of projects and processes.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
This is a temporary position through 12/31/2023.
We cannot support sponsorship for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.