Quality Assurance Analyst
- Job Name
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Analytical Services & Institutional Research Office seeks a technical-minded and detailed-oriented person to join our staff as a Quality Assurance Analyst. This individual will be responsible for test design, scripting, execution, and leadership in reporting projects in the Academic Reporting & Analytics and Public Health Reporting & Analytics service areas.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Boston, MA 02215, United states
- How to Apply
- Visit the BU HR website to apply, all open IR positions are currently posted under the SIS (Student Information System) Renewal Program:
BU HR posting website URL: https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?version=1
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
Duties include meeting with project sponsors, working with other project leaders and architects, defining projects, business analysis and requirements elicitation, test planning, test development and execution, test automation, metrics reporting, assisting with implementation, and support. This individual is also responsible for leading clients through User Acceptance Testing and mentoring staff on quality assurance techniques and best practices.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field, and five years of experience working in quality assurance, preferably focused on reporting and analytics.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a well-rounded portfolio of analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including experience with testing complex solutions for accuracy and ensuring requirements are met.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to create and maintain documentation of projects and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate and facilitate the communication between technical and business staff. Must be flexible and responsive to stakeholders across campus.
- Demonstrated experience with data warehouses and transactional databases. Experience as a report developer in various tools (e.g, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau) preferred.
- Strong programming, scripting, and database management knowledge (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Powershell, VBA, C++, Java).
- Comfortable working autonomously or collaboratively, while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Experience in the field of institutional research or other higher education areas strongly preferred. Must quickly become a subject matter expert in academic reporting in order to assist in business analysis and problem-solving.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
We cannot support sponsorship for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.