Institutional Research Analyst
- Job Name
- Institutional Research Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Analytical Services & Institutional Research Office seeks a technical-minded and detailed oriented person to join our staff as an Institutional Research Analyst. This individual will work extensively with University data to identify trends and communicate findings to support strategic decision-making, planning, and evaluation. The Institutional Research Analyst will support the submission of domestic and international external surveys, as well as federal regulatory reports. This person will use MicroStrategy to create reports from the data warehouse to fulfill ad hoc and annual data requests.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Boston, MA 02215, United states
- How to Apply
- Visit the BU HR website to apply, all open IR positions are currently posted under the SIS (Student Information System) Renewal Program:
BU HR posting website URL: https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?version=1
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
The Institutional Research Analyst will work with cross-functional teams to support University initiatives such as the Academic Program Review. They will document current procedures and recommend opportunities to automate existing processes. They will work to transform exist static documents to interactive visualizations using Power BI and other software.
- Bachelors’ Degree in statistics, quantitative social science, computer science or related field, and one to three years of experience working in a research or analytical environment, preferably in Higher Education.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a well-rounded portfolio of analytical, technical and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and an understanding of post-secondary education. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new software and systems.
- Experience in the field of institutional research or other higher education areas strongly preferred.
- Comfortable working autonomously or collaboratively on multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to articulate findings to a variety of internal and external audiences. Must be flexible and responsive to stakeholders across campus.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to create and maintain documentation of projects and processes.
- Experience with report development, data visualization tools (e.g, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau), data warehouses and/or transactional databases preferred.
- Experience with a programming, statistical computing, or database management language (e.g., SQL, R, Python, VBA, SPSS, SAS, C++, Java) welcome.
- Experience with applied statistical techniques including regression analysis, significance testing, and descriptive statistics welcome.
This is a temporary position through 12/31/2023.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
We cannot support sponsorship for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.