- Job Name
- Director of Institutional Research & Assessment
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- In partnership with the University of Bridgeport, Goodwin University is seeking candidates for the position of the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment. This full-time position supports institutional decision-making, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on a wide variety of institutional analytics. Reporting to the provost, this position works closely with ACTS to leverage the Ellucian Colleague Reporting using Informer and related databases to support the internal and external reporting activities of the University. This position provides leadership for the ongoing and systemic collection, analysis, and interpretation of assessment data that influence institutional decision making and policy development. This position has secondary responsibilities for supporting the development of external funding opportunities offered by state, federal, private, and corporate foundations, as well as supporting the annual budgeting process. This position will be located in Bridgeport, CT.
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Bridgeport, CT 06604, United states
- How to Apply
- Interested applicants, please apply directly on our Job site at: www.goodwin.edu/jobs
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Extract, manage, and maintain complex data sets from the institutional data systems, including the Ellucian Colleague student information system.
- Design, compile, and summarize data, and develop reports regarding the data, using data management, reporting, and analytical tools and methods. Communicate institutional information to the College community.
- Work collegially with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies to respond to monthly, annual, and ad hoc data requests.
- Analyze assessment data, and use appropriate methods to report results, with particular emphasis on findings that influence institutional decision-making and policy development
- Research, prepare and submit reports to governmental agencies (e.g., IPEDS)
- Develop and maintain section Facts and Figures section of the public website, including the preparation and publication of the Common Data Set
- Coordinate, prepare and submit surveys for publishing companies (e.g., US News, Petersons, etc.) and information for publication of annual institutional, state, federal and statistical reports
- Forecast student enrollment and tuition along with financial indicators for long range planning
- Collaborate with faculty members and administrative staff on the preparation and development of research grant opportunities
- Perform additional duties as assigned to advance the support for stakeholder decision-making
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and SQL, and experienced in programmable software (i.e., SPSS, SAS, Tableau, Power Bi, Pentaho etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (i.e., pivot tables, formulas)
- Interested individuals must possess strong oral and written communication skills (ability to relay data issues in an organized and easily understandable fashion)
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen orientation to detail, deadline, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and desire to acquire new knowledge and skills independently
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team
Special Work Schedule Requirements :
- Normal work in an office environment.
- Bachelor's degree with an educational background in quantitative skills and research, required
- Master's degree in Education Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics or Statistics, or related field would be appropriate
- Demonstrated experience and prudence handling confidential information required
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)