- Job Name
- Director of Assessment, Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Director of Assessment, Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Manhattan College
Section I: Scope
Manhattan College is seeking a Director of Assessment to play a leadership role in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. This position will play a key role in assessment and accreditation activities, and will help the college achieve its objectives as articulated in its strategic plan and to meet standards of affiliation with regional and professional accreditors. This position reports to the Associate Provost and works in close collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research and the Assistant Director of Institutional Research and Assessment on the Office of Institutional Effectiveness team.
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Riverdale, NY 10471, United states
- How to Apply
- If you wish to apply, please access the link below:
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
Section II: Responsibilities
- Lead the Assessment work of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. Work in partnership with the Director of Institutional Research on Institutional Effectiveness activities.
- Support the development and assessment of Strategic Plans
- Serve as ALO for Middle States. Play a leading role in Middle States self-study and external review process (site visit Spring 2022). Attend Middle States conferences, work with committees for institutional data and research to support entire process. Serve as a resource and expert in regional accreditation, assessment, and planning for campus.
- Serve as a major resource for professional school accreditation (ABET, AACSB, and AAQUEP). Work with professional schools on accreditation efforts and assessment activities.
- Work in partnership with Director of Institutional Research on finding and determining best places for assessment measures, including those found in college surveys.
- Directly contribute to the preparation of regional and professional accreditation reports.
- Manage college annual goals and planning process and annual planning calendar.
- Provide expert consultation to academic and administrative units on learning assessments, administrative assessments, accreditation, and planning activities.
- Work directly on planning with functional areas, serving as an expert and resource.
- Manage and facilitate all periodic assessments and external reviews for both academic and administrative areas. Provide direct support and structure for self-studies and external reviews.
- Facilitate and provide support for assessment committees, including the Academic Assessment Committee, Institutional Assessment Committee, College Wide Core Competency Committees.
- Work directly with Faculty Coordinator for Educational Effectiveness on assessment activities.
- Work with IT and Director of Institutional Research to develop methods for collection of artifacts for assessment of student learning.
- Manage all platforms for assessment including Taskstream (both AMS and LAT), Aqua and Digital Measures. Serve as the institutional expert on these platforms and provide day to day support on these platforms for the MC community.
- Facilitate the collection of Faculty Accomplishments for Annual Focus on Faculty Publication.
- Provide workshops and trainings for faculty and staff on assessment, development of goals and objectives, and annual reporting. Work with individual program directors on trainings for platforms for assessment.
- Work with the Assistant Director to provide support for all eportfolio activities, including working with faculty on development of direct response folios and doing classroom trainings for students.
- Provide workshops and trainings on use of assessment platforms.
- Support faculty development opportunities in assessment and student learning outcomes.
- In collaboration with Director of Institutional Research and Associate Provost, facilitate strategic planning assessment.
Section III: Qualifications
- Master’s degree required in a discipline using statistical analysis, Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with regional and professional accreditors.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with faculty and to collaborate with other units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to lead and partner with the College’s diverse stakeholders including faculty members, administrators, students and alumni.
- Ability to manage a complex set of projects with deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in supporting the Lasallian Catholic Mission of the College.
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Applicants from historically under-represented segments of the population are encouraged to apply, as well as those attracted to a college with a Catholic identity. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V.