- Job Name
- Data Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The data analyst will support the university’s data and analytics needs & strategic decision making through information analysis, dashboards and data visualization, data management and integration, and data governance.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Rochester, NY 14623, United states
- How to Apply
- Required Application Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number (5573BR).
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.
RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Data management & integration: Identify, integrate, and prepare large volumes of data for analysis or visualization, using software such as SAS, R and SQL.
- Data warehouse / Data lake: Support data warehouse and data lake projects, including, but not limited to: gathering business requirements; researching and evaluating data; providing input on data warehouse/data lake design; and testing data.
- Dashboard & data visualization: Develop and maintain Tableau dashboards that effectively summarize information and communicate trends or patterns.
- Information Analysis: Extract, transform, analyze, and summarize data using various tools such as SAS, R, SQL, and Tableau.
- Data governance: Support university-wide data governance activities.
- Fulfill ad hoc analysis and information requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years' experience in data analytics, information management, or decision support
- Demonstrated experience in querying, cleaning and transforming large data sets and complex data structures.
- Familiarity with statistical programming or other programming languages.
- General knowledge of statistical principles and quantitative analytics.
- General knowledge of dashboard design, development, and maintenance.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience with statistical software such as SAS or R.
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with the principles of database management, business intelligence and data warehousing/data lakes.