Senior Data Analyst
- Job Name
- Senior Data Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Supports the data and analytic needs of the university, particularly executives and senior administrators, through the management, analysis, and communication of information in meaningful ways that promote data-informed decision making, planning, and resource allocation.
Supports the university-wide analytical function of the institutional research office, including predictive and other advanced analytics, enrollment projections, and decision support studies.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Rochester, NY 14623, United states
- How to Apply
- Required Application Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number (5562BR).
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.
RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Extract, transform, analyze, and summarize data using various tools including SAS, R, SQL and Tableau.
- Design and develop Tableau dashboards that effectively summarize information and communicate trends or patterns.
- Build and administer online surveys using Qualtrics.
- Provide support in identification, integration and preparation of large volumes of data.
- Understand functional areas' business requirements and translate into technical specifications and user friendly reports and dashboards.
- Analyze complex data structures, synthesize the findings, and present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prepare high quality documentation that follows the office's standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional data analytics experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAS, R or equivalent software.
- Hands-on experience building dashboards with Tableau or equivalent BI tools.
- Demonstrated experience in querying, cleaning and transforming large data sets.
- General understanding of fundamentals of statistics and quantitative analytics.
- Detail oriented, with ability to manage time and organize competing priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage complex information, assess problems, and develop and effective solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey analytical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience with building and administering surveys using Qualtrics or equivalent survey tool.
- Familiarity with the basics of database management, business intelligence and data warehousing principles.
- Experience in higher education.