College Assistant for Assessment, Hunter College, CUNY
- Job Name
- College Assistant for Assessment, Hunter College, CUNY
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Assist the Director of Assessment with all aspects of academic assessment, including:
* Communications with faculty & staff in various academic & non-academic units;
* Arranging & staffing meetings;
* Data compilation & report drafting;
* Helping with online file organization & web page updating
* Other tasks related to academic assessment.
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Some College
- Location City
- New York, NY , United states
- How to Apply
- Contact Joel Bloom directly with a resume, and information about your experience, interest, needs, and availability.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
"College Assistant" (CA) is a City University of New York (CUNY) title for part-time hourly positions of 20 hours a week. After completing 500 hours, CAs qualify for sick and annual leave and health insurance. (Accrual begins at hire, so a substantial amount of time will be accrued by the time those 500 hours are completed.)
CAs get paid at least the $15/hour New York City minimum wage, but for more highly qualified applicants (with bachelor's or master's degrees and/or with specialized knowledge and experience) we can go higher (up to $23-24/hour) if we complete a justification procedure.
The position requires specialized knowledge and experience, including the ability to use common business software programs, such as MS Word and Excel, as well as basic web design tools, and other data collection and analysis tools such as Qualtrics. (Depending on level of hire, the latter skills can be trained for on the job.) Communication skills appropriate to the Office of the Provost are essential.
This is an ideal position for someone completing a degree program or returning to the workforce after a parenting hiatus. College Assistants in the CUNY system are often subsequently hired for full-time positions, so this position can be an excellent stepping stone for future full-time employment.
This position is located at Hunter College, CUNY on the corner of Lexington Avenue and 68th Street on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City.