- Job Name
- Associate Director of Data Management
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The Associate Director of Data Management will work closely with the Assistant VP of Enrollment Analytics, the Enrollment Analytics team, and operational systems leads across the Enrollment Management division to ensure the accurate, timely, and efficient delivery of data to support the Enrollment Management division’s reporting environment as well as enhancing and maintaining an analytic infrastructure for student data analysis.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Boston, MA 02115, United states
- How to Apply
- Please apply at https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/59313
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
The Associate Director will be responsible for data quality and consistency throughout the division; working with EM units to ensure efficient passing of data between systems, facilitating resolution of data discrepancies, working with University Decision Support to produce data for internal and external reporting and work with Data Administration to ensure the successful passage of data to the Operational Data Store and Warehouse. He/she will ensure that data can meet standard and ad hoc reporting and analytical needs, develops and standardizes reporting procedures utilizing streamlined reporting activities and processes, and establishes efficient methods of prioritizing, monitoring and reporting.
The Associate Director will facilitate data exchange between external consultants and vendor to procure data to support strategic decision making within Enrollment Management.
The Associate Director will serve as the unit’s Subject Matter Expert, providing support to the University’s community of data analysts with regard to admissions data, and serving on various university committees related to data standards.
The Associate Director will work closely with the Enrollment Analytics team on advanced analytics/data science initiatives, providing support around the data preparation, extraction and manipulation processes.
The Associate Director will work to develop a data lake for the Enrollment Management unit, extracting data from sources across the university and staging them for use in various analytic projects.
The Associate Director will work closely with the Enrollment Management division, Business Intelligence and other key departments to identify key business requirements for technological enhancements or any analytical systems/databases needs and issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field, Master’s preferred;
• 4-6 years of technical experience as business systems analyst;
• Demonstrated ability to understand various data structures and common methods in data extraction and transformation
• Experience writing SQL code to query databases
• Proficiency with Tableau Desktop reporting platform
• Proficiency with data preparation software such Tableau Data Prep, Alteryx, TOAD, or Veera
• Proficiency with statistical software such as SPSS Statistics or R
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and effective customer service skills
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and activities yet maintain attention to detail
• Experience in Higher Education
• Experience with Higher Education data systems such as Banner, PowerFaids, Sunapsis