Assistant Director of Institutional Research, Analysis and Planning
- Job Name
- Assistant Director of Institutional Research, Analysis and Planning
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, Analysis, and Planning the Assistant Director’s primary responsibilities include the collection, analysis, and reporting of data for the work of the college. The Assistant Director will communicate with a variety of stakeholders, and serve as a key contributor to the college’s culture of data-informed decision-making.
This is a full-time, full-year position.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Lewiston, ME 04240, United states
- How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. This position requires successful completion of a pre-employment background screening. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. (References will not be contacted without your permission.)
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Collecting, organizing, verifying, and cleaning data from a variety of data sources for official reporting and analytical projects.
- Collecting college‐wide facts and figures and reporting them to the government, external surveys, and internal constituencies.
- Overseeing the annual preparation of the college’s fact book and maintaining a series of web-based dashboards that summarize the college’s longitudinal fact book data.
- Compiling benchmark data about peer institutions.
- Conducting timely and accurate analyses of institutional, peer, and survey data.
- Designing and administering surveys and analyzing the results.
- Understanding national trends and following current events relevant to higher education.
- Producing graphical and narrative reports for a variety of stakeholders.
- Serving as a resource in key college‐wide initiatives and special projects for the college’s leadership.
- Supporting college reaccreditation efforts.
- Assisting with the maintenance and design of the office web page.
- Supporting other activities of the Office of Institutional Research, Analysis, and Planning.
- Serves, as assigned, on college committees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
This role requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience (higher education experience is highly desirable). A Master’s degree is preferred. A successful candidate for the position must have:
- Demonstrated experience with extracting, merging, cleaning, and managing data files.
- Demonstrated experience with an analytical software package, such as SPSS, Stata, SAS or R.
- Proficiency with MS Office and basic web development skills.
- Impeccable ethical judgment and careful consideration to data usage.
- Strong quantitative skills and knowledge of quantitative research methods.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to convey technical information in oral, written or graphic form.
- A keen eye for data visualization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity, priority, and length while meeting deadlines.
- A passion for learning and a desire to develop one’s skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel (by car, air, train or bus) as needed.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings and other non-traditional schedules, if necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a culturally and educationally diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
- Personal commitment to excellence and the mission of a leading small liberal arts college.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Bates College offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health, dental, 9% retirement contribution with potential for an additional 3% match, 24 days of vacation, 12 paid holidays, free parking, access to library and athletic facilities & more) and a supportive, collegial environment in a drug- and smoke-free workplace.